Popsicle Stick Rail Guide
1. Start with 4 Popsicle sticks, two rail buttons, 2 #8-32 bolts
2. Drill a 1/8" hole in two sticks about 1/2" from each end, being
careful not to split the wood.
3. Cut the other two stick so that there are 4 end pieces 3/8"
long and 2 middle pieces 3-1/8" long.
4. Glue and clamp the sticks together so with the sticks with the
holes are on the top and bottom and the partial sticks are in the
5. There should be just enough room for the #8-32 nuts to slip
into the spaces between the end pieces and the middle pieces so
the nuts won't turn.
6. Thread the #8-32 bolts through the rail button and the #8-32
nuts and tighten down.
7. (Optional) Wrap a piece of sand paper around the body tube and
sand a curve into the bottom of the rail guide so that it conforms
to the body tube.
8. Glue the rail guide to the body tube at the Center of Gravity.